Welcome to UT Outreach Austin
Our program is designed to assist and encourage top 8% students, potential first-generation college students, and FARL (free and reduced lunch) students to attend The University of Texas at Austin after graduation from the Austin Independent School District.
Our Schools: All AISD High Schools
From SAT/ACT prep, scholarships and college applications, we’ve got it all right here. See our SAT & ACT Test Prep Communication Plan for more information.
We could not survive without the generous support of our sponsors. Make a contribution to UT Outreach Austin. Learn more
UT Outreach-Austin targets and serves underrepresented students by providing college readiness enrichment designed to assist them in graduating from high school and matriculating to institutions of higher education. We encourage students to attend four-year colleges and universities, especially UT-Austin.
UT Outreach – Austin is one of five centers within the University of Texas at Austin’s Division of Diversity and Community Engagement portfolio. UT-Outreach Austin offers academic enrichment and college readiness services to students within the Austin Independent School District. UT-Outreach Austin will help all their students through the UT-Admissions process.
In particular, we will provide students with opportunities for college prep workshops; financial aid workshops; community service opportunities and Future Leaders’ Conferences. UT Outreach will be present at all AISD schools and help facilitate workshops and coordinate UT campus activity opportunities. We take student safety seriously, see the Youth Protection Plan for our Leadership Conference.
Students and Parents
The Role of the Student
- Achieve and maintain an end of year grade point average of 3.2 in grades 10th-12th.
- Complete college preparatory classes in high school.
- Exhibit appropriate behavior and cooperative attitude.
- Attend school on a regular basis.
- Attend UT-Outreach and AISD college-related activities.
The Role of the Parent
- Attend parent activities.
- Arrange for student transportation to and from designated meeting places for field trips and other events.
- Assist students in establishing college goals.
- Support the program and be involved as a role model, volunteer or chaperone, etc.
Explore Our Programs
- Test Prep Workshops- Workshops designed to help students prepare for college exams, facilitated by Project Advance Counselors in AISD.
- College Campus Visits- Coordinates campus visitations to The University of Texas at Austin
- Application Workshops- Seniors will have the opportunity to submit their Apply/Texas application to the University of Texas-Austin.
- Group and Individual Academic Advising
- Academic Support
- Pr-College Planning
- UT-Austin Campus Visits
- Financial Aid Information
- Assistance in Completing College Applications and forms
- Parent Information Workshops
- Exposure to Cultural and Educational Events
- Summer Enrichment Activities
Explore other UT Outreach Locations
Imagine if we could provide all highly motivated, underrepresented students with the kind of introduction to The University of Texas at Austin that vividly illustrates what you and other Longhorn alumni experienced and loved during your time on the 40 Acres. And, what if these experiences were the nudge that these students needed to choose UT as their number one postsecondary education choice? That would be a worthwhile goal, wouldn’t it?
Through the support of alumni and friends of the university, UT Outreach – Austin is able to provide additional programs and services that we would not otherwise be able to fund for some of the neediest students in Austin.
Click here to make a contribution.